- Hoob improves assembly line ergonomics using LINAK lifting columns
- Industrial News: A modern robot solution created in Estonia helps Ericsson to produce more efficiently
- Our new factory is ready!
- Hoob participated in the leading outsourcing fair in Northern Europe – Elmia
- Assembly technician Vadim Arepjev: all HOOB people are specialists in their field
- HOOB on Äripäev radio: Estonian entrepreneur heals crisis with sales
- HOOB in industry magazine TööstuEST: New opportunities lie in adaptation
- Elektriala magazine: Young talented Estonian engineers build machines for industrial giants
- Priit Raid on Äripäev radio: greater state support in areas that add the most value
- HOOB OÜ in industrial news: I studied mechatronics because I saw how successful mechatronics engineers were
- Founders of HOOB: Enterprise Estonia’s Business Mentoring Program provides security to give up paid work
HOOB OÜ in industrial news: I studied mechatronics because I saw how successful mechatronics engineers wereSeptember 6, 2019
Priit Raid, founder and CEO of HOOB, spoke on Äripäev radio about how he became an engineer. “I studied mechatronics because I saw how successful mechatronics engineers were in development teams – for example, in start-ups,” he said on the radio show “Industrial News on Air”.
“These are the people who can assemble mechanics, electronics and software and make the product functional.” According to Raid, the field of mechatronics is unfortunately not very popular in Estonia. He also received applied education in Germany, where he studied production automation for one year at an applied higher education institution. “Vocational training is very honourable in Germany. People are proud to say that they are a specialist in a field,” says Raid. He adds that several television programs showing the work of factories help to promote vocational training in Germany. A similar approach could be used as a solution in Estonia.
You can listen to the radio show here: https://www.toostusuudised.ee/uudised/2019/09/06/priit-raid-oppisin-mehhatroonikat-sest-nagin-kui-edukad-on-mehhatroonikainsenerid